This year I made it to both. The Cummington Fair with Jon and Finn, which is a feat in itself as Jon hates fairs. He also hates crowded events, busy cities, and large groups of people in general. Um, how did we find each other again? So odd. The Cummington Fair was a bit of a disappointment this year as it was the weekend of Hurricane Irene. A lot of people didn't want to risk bringing their livestock out in the possible weather and the place was swamped on Friday because it was closing early on Saturday and cancelled for Sunday. I am willing to bet they lost a ton of money this year. A week later, I went with Finn, Drew, and Stephanie to the Three County Fair. It has changed a lot since the last time I was there. It has a midway now and much more bling, but overall it was still fun to see all of the animals. They also had a barn set up with activities for very small children, which was really great.
Finn and Drew had fun, and my own child could be heard galloping through the poultry barn, yelling, "Boc! Boc! Boc!" in the general direction of any and all chickens. He wasn't really bias either; he yelped his call to the turkeys as well, though they looked at him with a sneerful disdain that only a turkey can really pull off, as if to affirm, "We are NOT chickens."





No comments:
Post a Comment