Jon made me a very sweet photo book called "The Story of Us" which chronicled our lives together from 2002 to now. He wrote the whole thing in rhyming couplets and had it published on a website to create a hardcover book--very sweet. I made him a large, framed collage of our greatest moments. 
This year, it was the cotton anniversary--a bit of a harder task. I made Jon the body pillow case shown above. At first, I bought the fabric because Jon loves sock monkeys and I thought I'd make something for the baby, but I realized it would be better served in making a gift for him. Still, what do you make for a man in his 30s out of sock monkey fabric? Since Jon's back surgery last year he has to use a body pillow to sleep in a certain way and so the idea was born.
Jon made me an apron with a great picture of the two of us from our trip to Ireland. He also included an Oscar Wilde quotation that I had never heard before but that we both agreed was something I would reference had I known about it. It was a really cute idea as I love to bake and could really use an apron and as he's not much of a seamstress. He even added a sweet label to the inside...

No comments:
Post a Comment