Today I received another course waiver for UMASS Amherst because I had a student teacher last spring. This brings my total to four course waivers, an exciting feat as I would someday like to obtain my doctorate...
However, my excitement was brought to a quick end today when I noticed (for the first time) that the course waivers have expiration dates on them. I have no idea why they would need an expiration date, but I guess it's a sure fire way to make sure they don't actually have to give away that many free classes as people will most likely forget or not notice. Add me to that list of people. I know it is 100% my fault that two of the waivers are expired, but my heart is still just as broken at the thought of two free classes down the drain. If I'd known I would have just taken them last spring.
The other two expire in the spring of 2011 so I essentially have next spring (yeah right, with a newborn at home?) or next summer. I guess I could do them next school year, but somehow I had imagined coming home after work to spend time with my future son, not to be in a classroom in Amherst. I am just really bummed out because I want the classes, it just isn't the right time for me.
I'm going to call UMASS tomorrow to see if there's anything I can do about the two that expired. I really hope they can renew at least one of them. I'd suffer through a once a week course in the spring if it meant the waiver didn't go to waste.
:(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment