Wednesday, March 9, 2011

60 Years

This past Saturday we celebrated my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary.  Their actual anniversary was last Thursday.  What an inspiration it is to see two people who have been together, working for their family and their partnership, for 60 years.  These aren't any two people either.  They are two of the most generous, loving, and caring individuals you will ever meet.  I am so blessed to have them in my life.  I really lucked out with having four wonderful grandparents, and I feel so fortunate to still have two of them in my life.
My nephews, niece, and their dad, Tony.
My poppy and his sister, my great Aunt Clara.
My brothers
When my poppy was courting my nanny he brought her spiced gum drops each and every time he visited.
We decided they would be the perfect favor for their anniversary brunch.
Not the best quality picture, but the best picture of my nieces and nephews entertaining Finnegan.  They pulled him all around the room in a laundry basket until he was squealing in giggles and woo-hooing for more.   Very sweet.
I can't believe I forgot to get a picture of them at the brunch, but this one is only a few year's old from my wedding day.  I love you, Grandma and Poppy!

No comments: