Finnegan loves Peter and I daresay, Peter loves Finnegan. They are best buds and I always hear that song, "People let me tell you 'bout my best friend..." playing in the background when I witness their moments together. Finnegan totes his rabbit everywhere and usually freaks out if you take him out of his crib and he has forgotten to grab Peter's ears on the way out. He hugs him as he is fully waking up in the morning or when he is still a bit cranky from nap. Finnegan generally prefers to carry him by the ears or by his blue velvet jacket that nearly always has been pulled off of Peter's arms. If Finnegan is playing alone in his room and lets out a yelp of frustration, 9 times out of 10 it is because he is trying to pull Peter out from between the rungs of the crib and the rabbit is stuck.
Sometimes I listen to Finnegan at the door to his room and upon peeking in, see him standing in the middle of his crib "talking" to his animals which he has arranged in a semi-circle around him. He lectures them and Peter is always front and center for these talks.
On this particular day, Finnegan fell asleep sitting up and fell forward clutching onto Peter. Only the ears are visible but he's the brown little bunny being suffocated by my baby.



No comments:
Post a Comment